akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Thursday 28 October 2010

RTW 28.10.2010 - slacks

the stretch on the L Route - all for me!
:)
 
Salaam.
 
It's the third RTW for me this week, and still in training mode in preparation for ECC Burung Hantu 2010. Albeit, not intense this morning. Just that I'm resting my RTW Machine for this week (and last week), out with full knobbies on Hollowpoint and hydrobag on my back.
 
While showering this morning, I decided to ride with office pants instead of padded shorts. I decided not to have another shower at the office, but only to shampoo my hair to get rid of the smell (from smoke, sweat) and the helmet hair. However, I donned a jersey with back pockets, for 2 purposes:
1. Upper body will be sweaty no matter how relaxed I'll be pedalling. Perhaps due to humidity, and especially so when I'm stopping at the traffic lights.
2. I need to flash out my workers pass/ID upon entering the gate. Putting it in my back pocket would be more secure, and faster for me to whip it out while rolling.
 
In order for me not to sweat as I would normally do, the pedalling is quite relaxed, and I chose to take the flattest route. It's a combination of my normal route, and the new L Route. Coincidentally, it's a bit shorter (by about 2 km) than the normal route. Instead of going to the Suria neighbourhood in Seri Alam, I went uphill to Tesco Seri Alam, continue towards Taman Rinting, another short uphill to Kampung Pasir Gudang Baru after the small bridge at the jetty, and take the L Route to the office.
 
The average speed with knobbies registered at 21.3 km/h, which is quite fast for a relaxed ride. It goes to show that the route is quite flat. There are only 2 small hills along the way, which I climbed with low gears and high cadence without much strain for the objective of the ride this morning is not to have my bottoms sweaty.
:)
 
I reached office 31 minutes after I left home. Took me only 5 minutes to shampoo, comb my hair and put on a collared t-shirt. My usual shower and change regime would normally take about 10 minutes.
 
Now, after doing RTW for a while, options are springing out. Good for me, for I'm the type of person who'd be bored with routines after a while. However, I reckon the L Route won't be there forever, as the alternative highway from Pasir Gudang to Bakar Batu will be opened some day. For now, I'll use it whenever I'm in L circumstances - lazy/late/lone mood.
 
Stats this morning:
Out from home
0706
 hours
Arrive office
0737
 hours
Door-to-door
31
 mins
Ride time
28'45"
 
Distance
10.2
 km
Ave. speed
21.3
 km/h
Max speed
38.5
 km/h
Odometer
5443.6
 km
Good doggies
0
 
Mode
tesco + L route,
 Hollowpoint, knobbies
 
Thanks for dropping by.
Explore new routes and modes, and get rid of getting bored.

No comments: