akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 22 August 2012

less RTW

Following my third monthlong RTW for this year in May, my bike commuting has since reduced quite dramatically due to change of workplace/office. I have been in a weekly outstation stint since June and still ongoing. A 3-day week in KL initially is now graduated to a full 5-day week including the whole Ramadhan. So, this year effectively there were no Ramadhan RTW at all. Heck, today is 22.08.2012 and I haven't done any RTW at all yet in August. My latest RTW was on 24.07.2012. Such a long hiatus.

The only cycling that I did to 'compensate' were few and far between. I guess that makes it more memorable, more intense and more joyful.
1. Night ride with GLC: KL Tower + Sup Dorai - with Latfy 26.06.2012

2. Night ride with GLC: Carcosa + Tasik Perdana + S'gor Mansion - with Azlan and Latfy 04.07.2012

3. Offroad: Kayuhan Amal Skudai - 15.07.2012

Oh yes, I enjoyed tremendously all those rides. The theme was all the same: strenghtening ties between friends - long lost friends, and friends found through cycling. I rode with Latfy my friend from my MLA Cheras days and Azlan (MBPS/MBS Sentul/MLA Cheras) during the GLC night rides, and reconnected with good people from JB in the Skudai ride. Also, the places were all that had been in my wishlist, too - a ride up the KL Tower (base), late night hot soup at Jalan Doraisamy, the serene Carcosa Seri Negara, a touch of offroad at Tasik Perdana, and the Skudai Trail.

I hope more of good cycling in days ahead. The bikes at home are gathering dust and cobweb. With the exception of today, I hope the 3 days in Pasir Gudang this week could see me back on the saddle again. Spare tire is growing on my waist.

:P

Thanks for coming over.
Enjoyed your Eid?

No comments: