akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 18 September 2009

itchy bottom


Received a package from Changlun two days ago.
The contents:
·         A koala bear
·         A Hari Raya Aidilfitri greeting card
·         A cycling apparel
The koala bear is a miniature keyring, actually.
The card is my first ever I received for this year’s Eid. A very thoughtful gesture by Gjoe, during this cyber-age when everyone (including me) sends e-cards for the sake of convenience (and cheap, mind you).
Ahh… and the pièce de résistance (drum rolls, please): a pair of Netti Equaliser cycling shorts.
I tried them on straight away (okay, after reading the Raya card). First of all, Gjoe got my size right, an M. You can sense its quality make, visually and by touch. The fabric feels nice, and the padded shorts inside are not too tight. The coolmax padding looks the part. The colour is charcoal – black, for you and me – quite a safe pick, I loved it right away. I paraded in it for a while in my room to get the feel, and suddenly I felt itchy on my bottom. Itching to try it on the saddle offroad, that is.
Hmm… soon, after Hari Raya, insyaAllah. I hope the shorts will still fit me after rendang, ketupat, lemang and all the usual fatty festive food.
Meanwhile, have a safe Hari Raya to all of you.
To Gjoe (I know you’re reading this), thanks very much, man. You’re simply generous.

No comments: