akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 10 November 2010

RTW 10.11.2010 - Feeding the Crave

6.40 am and I thought that it would be good if I could RTW this morning, the first for this week. I'm suffering from lack of endorphin. Bike's gleaming ready from Sunday's wash after the offroad ride. Gloves, pants and jersey are all smelling fresh.
 
But, I have to send Umar to his babysitter's house and come back home in time. Decision has to be made real quick, for sending and getting back home would eat up precious 18 minutes (if the traffic is smooth and I could maintain 100 km/h on the road).
 
Suddenly it entered my mind that it has been a week since I had that awesome nasi lemak at Taman Rinting. So that was the deciding factor, made in two minutes. It'd be satisfying two cravings in a go. How nice.
:)
 
Eventually I went out of the gate at 7.17 am - certainly I failed to maintain 100 km/h, and the lights were not green along the way. Hence, I took the easy route - Tesco Seri Alam and crossed the interchange to Taman Rinting. Pit stop: the nasi lemak stall.
 
I don't know how the seller justifies the price, but it's quite peculiar to me.
The 'nasi lemak telur' is RM1.50; nasi lemak with a slice of cucumber, sambal, fried peanuts and some anchovies, and a whole boiled egg.
The 'nasi lemak biasa' is RM1.00; nasi lemak with a slice of cucumber, sambal, fried peanuts and some anchovies, and one half of boiled egg.
50 sen for one half of boiled egg is rather expensive!
Obviously I went with nasi lemak biasa, with lots of sambal. Its sambal is nice, reminds me of the nasi lemak by one akak tomboy in front of Wisma Technip in KL.
 
Continued the ride via the L Route, and I was greeted with mud at the unpaved section. It has been raining these past few days, and that's the result. I never imagined it could be like that, and have to accept the prospect of my bike (and quite possibly, shoes) getting dirty.
 
Well, it's not like I've never encountered such thing during offroad rides, but hey, during RTW I like it to be as clean as possible. Not so nice to haul a bike with mud-clogged knobby tyres up in the building and park it in the pantry. After all, the bike was gleaming clean when I went out of the house.
 
I finished with my shower at around 8.00, and had the awesome nasi lemak biasa afterwards.
 
So there I went, two cravings satisfied.
Alhamdulillah.
*burrpppp...
 
Stats today:
Out from home

0717

 hours
Arrive office

0748

 hours
Door-to-door

31

 mins
Ride time

27'22"

 
Distance

10.15

 km
Ave. speed

22.1

 km/h
Max speed

39.0

 km/h
Odometer

5580.0

 km
Good doggies

0

 
Mode

tesco + L route,

 Hollowpoint, knobbies
 
Thanks for coming over.
What's your RTW adventure today?

No comments: