akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Monday 6 December 2010

In Praise for Plentong Singletracks

the canopy at Plentong - one of my favourite sections
 
Much has been said about PER 2010, and all that came to my ears are good responses (so far). However, this one thing makes me feel elated, and at the same time a bit lowly for sometimes I take for granted my offroad rides in Plentong.
 
Why?
 
The rider/writer mentioned
I was riding behind Alex McNab on one of those singletracks when I told him how nice if we could trade RRI for Plentong! Meaning we needn't have to drive 4 hours and all those fabulous singletracks would be just in our backyard!
quoted by Yellow Manta, from PCC's Spokes n Nipples Weekly Newsletter 10 Nov 2010 (Issue 521-47-2010), pages 3-5.
 
Plentong singletracks are close to my house, and I could ride through it from my home without me having to spend a single sen on fuel. It is rather common for people not to know what kind of a gem they have in hand and treat it like some ordinary glass. It's the case of "it's greener elsewhere". You get what I mean?
 
Whenever time, circumstances and (especially) $ permits, I would sample trails that other riders ride for their normal weekend rides, and this usually comes in a form of a jamboree ride. A few that I like which are unique, and unlike Plentong trails - The Dream technical descent and Steroid Hill in FRIM, and the terraces of Bandar Tasik Puteri. If I get the opportunity, I would sample more trails and repeat those I mentioned. Still, Plentong gives me much satisfaction in terms of all-in-one offroad rides. As Azman of Element Cycles put it, "Plentong is your 'license' trail. Everything is there - mud, sand, lake, river, hills, downhills, singletracks, rock garden, you name it". Heck, there's even a badminton court - right after a series of singletrack downhill.
 
With that, and the limited opportunities now for my offroad rides, I would enjoy as much as I can those sweet trails in Plentong. I urge you to do the same, wherever you ride.
 
Have you been to Plentong?
;)
 
note:
the link is not a permanent link to the newsletter, thus newsletter date and number given for reference.

No comments: