akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 15 April 2009

RTW 15.04.09 - clipless and leisurely

I went out at 0650 hours.
The orange-red rays of the sun cast on the lower clouds greeted me, on the bike after 5 days of resting.
Subhanallah. What a sight.

Stats today (to):

  • Distance: 12.33km
  • Average speed: 23.6 km/h (this is beginning to be a good habit, beyond 22)
  • Max speed: 40.4 km/h
  • Ride time: 32 mins 56 secs
  • Total ride time: about 38 minutes (traffic lights, crossing the road, etc.)
  • Number of doggies: nil

My average is nowhere near 25, but well above 22. Something to be smiled about.
Again, managed to be in 44/11 ratio most of the time. Except, of course at Kg. Baru Masai uphill before the school. I guess I'm a bit faster than most cars, if they give me the chance to overtake them.

A bit of the experiment - clipless and leisurely. Yeah, not really pushing it this morning. Anyway, a 5-day hiatus got me a bit excited. I might have pushed a wee bit uphill towards the traffic light near Masjid Jamek Pasir Gudang. Man, it feels awesome. It would have been better if greeted with the green light, though.


 

1 comment:

panjang said...

bro.. pd aku la.. 44-11 tu mcm not a good habit je. u put more pressure on ur knee.. perlu di ingat, lutut nak pakai lama tu, bukan ada spare part pun.

mungkin ko bole try 44-15 or 17, n of course.. with higher cadence.

hang jgn smpi jadi mcm aku.. skang aku dah kene telan glucosamine.. nak tambah minyak kat lutut.