akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 12 February 2010

Change of Guardian

When: Wednesday 10.02.2010, 10.00 pm
Where: Bandar Bistari Perdana, Pasir Gudang
Who: Akmal, Aladin
What: My everdearest Bianchi Mutt with parts new and used changed its guardianship.
It's a mixed feeling.
Sad to let it go. Happy for helping a newbie. Elated with the cash received in lieu.
I think, the feeling is more towards happy. I was once helped with a T-Bolt, and I thought I should extend the deed to another.
Sure, there are memories pasted all over the Mutt, not to mention dirt marks and scratches. I was ready to let go and not be too sentimental about it, hence the frame sitting pretty in my store room was revived for the new owner.
Took parts from Naza's idling bike, and bought new and used ones too for this project. I'm satisfied with the result. Well, the feeling is indescribable, upon seeing your assembly finished off. Wheelset, handlebar, stem, shifter, fork, crankset, chain, seatpost and saddle are all from Naza's. Bought new Deore 2009 RD from BBS, used Deore 2009 FD from Kadafi, and new BR-M575 hydraulic brakes from Tajudin.
Wait. That means Naza's bike is practically stripped off.
Big grin for me. Now hunting for parts to build up again her bike.
Woohoo!
value of cash exchanged for parting with my creation is requested to be kept confidential by owner
photo by Aladin

No comments: