akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Night Ride: Offroad Seri Alam - Plentong

19.02.2010 - Friday
Panjang et. al. have been doing NR around Pasir Gudang on Friday nights for a few weeks already. I joined them for the first time last Friday, thanks for things being in order at home. The other factor is that that Saturday is a non-working day for me.
I phoned Panjang half an hour before they start rolling from the RV point in Nusa Damai. He told me to use knobbies instead of slicks, for we are going offroad. Due to lack of time, I decided to wait for them at Seri Alam.
At the back of my mind, I thought we were to go only a short distance offroad. Heck no, we went offroad all the way from Seri Alam to Plentong! Return route was via Jalan Masai Lama on tarmac. I went with them to the restaurant in Seri Alam near Atuk's residence for a drink, and then only we part ways.
Two things:
One - what a nice different atmosphere! Totally different experience, although we went through familiar routes.
Two - the headlamp I got from BC Kelolo is simply awesome. Retailing at RM45, uses 3 AAA batteries, it lit up the trail very well. So much so that I was unofficially nominated to be the sweeper. It lasted for a good one hour and a bit more on the batteries using low power.
Kadafi, Yad: korang takde masa tu. Best gile (sebab offroad NR, bukan sebab korang takde).

No comments: