akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Rad (1986)

Perhaps the best BMX movie I've ever watched (all three of them, including Roda Roda, a Malaysian movie) during my primary school years. Someone from my neighbourhood was able to get the VHS tape (plus located the player), and we gathered to watch the actions in awe. To me, especially the backflip that the main character practiced at home (and failed many times, of course) and executed well in the race.

What's nice to see during those time was that in the US, they already have proper dirt track for BMX races on the hill, flowing through trees and rocky sections much like XC trails. This, of course is to compare it with the BMX track at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa for races on Hari Wilayah (those were the days, my friends).

It'd be rad to have a copy of the official DVD. If they are to release it.

Info from Wikipedia here.
Info from fast-rewind here. Ignore the last sentence. Like BMX, mountain bike will never fade.

On a side note, Premium Rush is a movie I'm looking forward to, due 2011.

poster taken from the bring back page

No comments: