akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Thursday 12 August 2010

RTW 12.08.2010 - RTW Machine First Ride

I went out as quickly as I can this morning, but not in a hurry. This is only the second time I'm going out at 6.45 am (frist one was in January). It's fasting month, and I didn't want to exert much energy this morning. Indeed, I was slow on the road. It took me 42 minutes door-to-door. That's waay much slower than my knobby ride on Monday.
 
Alhamdulillah the ride was breezy, and I enjoyed the spectacle of the early morning cloud with reddish sunray gleaming through.
Subhanallah.
 
How does my RTW Machine ride feels? Well, can't tell much. There were numerous times along the way when I felt the urge to rip the tarmac, just to see how fast I can go with it. Albeit, they were left being ignored due to the riding mode I set for this morning (and perhaps for the whole Ramadhan).
 
I guess it'll be quite fast, with the lightweight setup comprising of weight reducing parts i.e. rigid fork, v-brakes and wheelsets. The Panaracer RiBMo slick tires and 28/36/48T FSA crankset is sure to make it a fast bike - only if I have the power, that is :)
 
I'm getting quite acquainted with the feel of riding a rigid bike. The blending-in was done through my riding the EPX Hollowpoint equipped with lockable fork. However, small bumps were still being taken care of with the Revelation. For this rigid aluminium alloy, my arms are shaken but still it's not bad at all. It's not like I've never ridden rigid bikes, but it's been quite some time already.
 
I arrived at the office door at 7.27 am. Considered quite early than usual. I like it. Hopefully will be able to gauge this ride with a 'normal' one. After Hari Raya Aidilfitri, perhaps. Will let y'all know insyaAllah.
 
Have a blessed Ramadhan.
Thanks for dropping by.
 
Stats today:
Out from home

0645

 hours
Arrive office

0727

 hours
Door-to-door

42

 mins
Ride time

37'05"

 
Distance 20.2  km
Ave. speed 12.55  km/h
Max speed 35.5  km/h
Odometer 4926.5  km
Good doggies 1  
Mode

fasting,

 ultra relaxed, EARLY!

No comments: