akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Thursday 16 June 2011

CTW 14.06.2011 - Flora Heights

muddy
 
CTW? C as in cyclocross. Well, only a short part of it. I had to cross pretty muddy sections along the way. A very much yearned departure from the norm.
 
That's not the main news here, though. This morning's ride topped the longest route I made a couple of months back. This time, it's 17.57 km, over 51 minutes of riding door-to-door. That's about the same time I did for the previous personal record of 14.56 km. I was ready to go out of the gate very early this morning, thus I decided to try a new route.
 
This time, it was through the much dreaded Flora Heights with the triple tarmac hills. Not only that, there's a muddy red earth section too. I was careful to note that it wasn't raining the day before. Anyway, the section was muddy this morning although not as bad as it could be. Got my tires' sidewalls matched with the orange frame, as a result.
Nice.
 
I heard about the morning bumper-to-bumper at the Nusa Damai/Taman Scientex traffic light towards Masai before this, but this morning I had the opportunity to witness it. According to Rizal, though, it was not as bad as it usually would. Still, it's a thing I definitely would not subscribe to.
 
After Taman Scientex, I steered left towards Taman Cendana and rolled down the gentle slope towards Masjid Jamek Pasir Gudang and subsequently to Taman Mawar. Thereafter, I went sprinting the straight quarter mile-ish towards Balai Bomba Pasir Gudang and the normal route to the office. I think I registered the max speed while going downhill at Taman Mawar - the traffic light was green all the way as I went through it.
 
The feeling? Undescribable.
Will there be a next time? Well, perhaps.
 
Stats this morning:
Out from home

0643

 hours
Arrive office

0734

 hours
Door-to-door

51

 mins
Ride time

46' 46"

 
Distance

17.57

 km
Ave. speed

22.5

 km/h
Max speed

48.0

 km/h
Odometer

7893.1

 km
Good doggies

0

 
Mode

Flora Heights

 Yukon, slicks
 
Photos are here, on Picasa.
Route map is here, on EveryTrail.
 
Ride safe, y'all.
Thanks for coming over.

No comments: