akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 11 March 2011

RTW 11.03.2011 - a weeklong!

Alhamdulillah, it's a weeklong! The first for this year, and insyaAllah another two. That's the aspiration for my RTW this year.
 
To think about it, I might as well keep it as a habit, and perhaps turn into a full commuter. We'll see how it goes, as it is not my intention at all. Statistically, I've been riding to work continuously for the last 8 working days - only 1 day this month I went to work by car (so far). That's something for me to beat. Will the streak be chopped off by circumstances, I wouldn't know. What I do know is that I'm enjoying it.
:)
 
My last year's weeklong was quite exhausting. Nowadays, with the discovery of L-Route in part, the commute is more manageable. It used to be 12 km one way, and now I could decided whether to beat on the 12 km ride or take a shorter and flatter 10 km route. I like variety; so even though I'd choose 10 km most of the time, there are times when I would relish the 12 km route. Or, the 9.5 km route through Taman Bukit Rinting just for the challenge that awaits me.
 
For the record, this weeklong registered a total of 97.3 km. That's lesser by 10 km compared to the previous one, obviously due to the shorter L-Route.
 
I mentioned about doing a weeklong each month in that first weeklong entry. Well, I'm starting with 3 weeklongs per year for this year - that's once in 4 months average, although I wouldn't restrict myself to every 4 months. After that I'll graduate to perhaps once in two months, or maybe accelerate to monthly weeklong. Again, we'll see about that. Anyway, I'm still sticking to my resolution of at least 2 RTWs per week insyaAllah.
 
What have I learnt? One thing. To sustain a day by day commute, moderation is key. No rushing, just a relaxed ride - to and fro. For that, early out from the house is a must. Otherwise it would be an exhausting race against time - mighty tiring. Just be the tortoise, but slightly faster of course.
 
Rain? That's a different strategy.
 
Thanks for coming over.
Have a good weekend, y'all.

No comments: