akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Monday 14 February 2011

RTW 11.02.2011 - Trance in da House

...in the pantry, to be exact
 
The RTW Machine was left to rest at home, mainly because I didn't detach the baby carrier from the previous evening's ride with Umar to the playground. Adding to that, time was not on my side (ok, you can read it as 'late').
 
So I took the ever ready, clean and gleamy Trance to the office for its maiden RTW ride. Well, still I had to take a few minutes to prep it up. Pumped up the tires to 50 psi, set the meter (Mity 8 has dual tire size setting capability), perched the lights front and rear.
 
The usual bumpy ride on the yellow strips on tarmac was smoothen out, and the same effect on the gravel section from U-Five Taman Rinting towards Kg. Pasir Gudang Baru. Pure bliss. However, I had to spin and crank hard all the way to beat the time. As a result, I clocked in at 0744 hours, after 26 minutes of hard riding; and close to 25 km/h average speed. Whew!
 
Note that my odometer is now reaching 6445.8 km after the morning's RTW. I started the year with 5943.9 km reading. That's 501.9 km of riding already, totaling up from RTWs, offroads and night rides. Nice... I like...
 
Stats today:
Out from home

0718

 hours
Arrive office

0744

 hours
Door-to-door

26

 mins
Ride time

24' 58"

 
Distance

10.25

 km
Ave. speed

24.6

 km/h
Max speed

36.5

 km/h
Odometer

6445.8

 km
Good doggies

1

 
Mode

tesco + L route

 Trance, knobbies, camelbak
 
Have a good day, y'all. Ride safe.
Thanks for coming over.

No comments: