akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Monday 10 August 2009

Seri Alam Offroad Ride - 09.08.09

Distance

34.92 km

Average speed

12.8 km/h

Max speed

34.9 km/h

Odometer

2500.9 km

Ride time

2h 42m 28s

 

Number of bad doggies: 3.

We were at offroad 7-eleven when greeted by these snarly dogs. Naim replied their welcoming growls with a missed (on purpose) on-the-bike sidekick. That stopped them from making noises. No animals harmed, by the way.

The ride started from Ruza Café, into Seri Alam and ended at Ruza Café. Before ending, a Cikong Sejuk session at Cahaya Baru.

Total of 9 riders on a humid Sunday morning. The sky looked like it was going to rain, but it didn’t. We were joined by a young, talented (and strong) roadie Amirul of Politeknik Johor Bahru.

The intention of the ride was as a prep for next week’s PCC Presidential Ride in Kajang. We did only 35km, though, and I personally think we could go more. Anyway, I had a blast. In particular, the Bukit Panjang climb. It has been quite some time since our last climb up there. This time around, I tried to match Atuk’s climb (some time ago) using middle chain ring. With high cadence, I did it, coupled with 32T at the back. Only then after the climb Atuk told me that he did it with 2 gears higher than I did. Never mind, I used the middle with high cadence, anyway. Something for me to smile about.

Not much stopping, other than the Cikong Sejuk session. At most, we stopped for no more than 5 minutes. Ride ended at about 2:00 pm.

No comments: