akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Thursday 13 November 2008

hardtail

T-Bolt before dismantled (with Michael the friendly cat)My T-Bolt has been dismantled with only a few parts essential to the frame attached to it.

T-Bolt frameset:
  • T-Bolt 18" frame (blue)
  • Fox Float R rear shock
  • FSA Orbit XL II headset
  • Standard seatpost clamp
  • UMF seatpost 31.6mm
  • Shimano Deore LX FD-M570-E front derailleur
I'm using a 17" Bianchi Mutt 7800 frame now, with SRAM/Rock Shox/Avid/Truvativ parts and wheelset salvaged from the T-Bolt.
I've decided to maintain only one hardtail for me - for both road and offroad rides.
So, right now at home: one bike each for Naza, Marsya, Adam and I.

Nope, no intention to sell of the T-Bolt frameset. I'm a bit sentimental about it, you see.
I learnt a lot with it, and known many people through building a bike around it.
I enjoyed the plush rides with the T-Bolt, and if the crave for some boingy ride urged some time in the future, I'll get it out and assemble a bike, adding the joy of building a bike to boot.

No comments: