akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 16 December 2009

RTW 16.12.2009 - the 'no sweat' ride

As planned, alhamdulillah, I did the 'no sweat' ride this morning. Well, I didn't manage to make it without sweat. Albeit, I enjoyed the cooling effect when coasting downhill and leisurely rolling on the straight paths.
 
With only a plain, white tee and padded shy shorts, I pedaled from home quite early. The average speed is at 18 km/h much lesser than the usual 20. So, the total ride time is more than 40 minutes this morning. Of course, helmet and cycling shoes were also put on. I stuffed the multitool, keys, patch kit and spare tube in the wedge bag. The hand pump stowed on the downtube.
 
I tried hard not to strain the leg, as I felt I could go faster. All the time I felt the temptation to rush, which I successfully denied.
 
Perhaps the weather is a bit humid this morning following last evening's downpour. Or perhaps I need to lower down my speed. Or get a lighter bike for commuting to get the speed at 18 km/h average. I'm starting to picture a practical commuter already - 7x3 speed, rigid fork, pannier rack.
 
One more thing. Although if I do make it, RTW sans sweat, I don't think I could ride from home ready with work clothes on. My t-shirt's sleeves and front smell of exhaust fume. Sleeveless? Nope, not me. Too risqué.
 
Stats today:
Out from home

0646

 hours
Arrive office

0733

 hours

Ride time

41'38"

 (47 mins DTD)
Distance

12.45

 km
Ave. speed

18.0

 km/h

Max speed

34.1

 km/h
Odometer

2893.4

 km
Horny doggies

5

 

No comments: