akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 22 October 2010

RTW 22.10.2010 - The New L Route

The L Route
 
Thanks to my office mate Haris who provided a tip on a possible route, I ventured a new shorter path to the office this morning.
 
I call it my L Route. L is for:
if I'm feeling Lazy to go the normal route
if I'm Late going out
if I need to be Lone (okay, that's a bit cheesy)
 
Well, the 'lone' bit is only a short distance - about 2 km, and it could be obsolete (although not too soon) when the road is fully opened to public.
 
The route is actually a twist on the hilly route of Taman Bukit Rinting, Taman Rinting, and Kampung Pasir Gudang Baru. Previously, I would go left towards Taman Mawar at the interchange after exiting Kampung Pasir Gudang Baru and continue from there. The L Route is on the right hand side, and is part of a new stretch of highway from Pasir Gudang to Bakar Batu.  It is rideable all throughout the journey, with a very short section of red earth (currently).
 
I don't think I could take my RTW Machine with that route, at least not with slicks. There's a sandy section with loose gravels right before the small bridge at the jetty of Kampung Pasir Gudang Baru. The L Route has a short unpaved section which would be quite messy if it rains. The exit of the route is the Pasir Gudang Highway, towards JB. That means I'm going counter-current, and for that I have to ride on the grass outside the road shoulder - plus there are a few holes and drains that would be awful for a rigid bike.
 
It is about 3 km shorter that my normal route, and this morning I'm early by 9 minutes compared to my average time. I'll use it on my way back home this evening insyaAllah. I could also ride on the new highway straight to Kota Puteri, and make it a true L Route - an L shape route.
 
The haze in Pasir Gudang area is quite bad, and it may limit my RTW if it doesn't get better. However, I'm quite reluctant to have a day without my dose of endorphin early in the morning.
Sigh...
 
Stats today:
Out from home

0659

 hours
Arrive office

0727

 hours
Door-to-door

28

 mins
Ride time

26'45"

 
Distance

9.6

 km
Ave. speed

21.6

 km/h
Max speed

42.0

 km/h
Odometer

5341.5

 km
Good doggies

0

 Zero!
Mode

L Route

 Hollowpoint, knobbies
 
 
Have a good ride, y'all.
May Allah bless you.
Thanks for coming by.

No comments: