akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Monday 11 October 2010

too many to write about

There are too many (by my standards) to be written on my cycling adventure, and as the cliche goes, there's not much time to sit down and write about it.
 
These past 2 weeks:
1. I went in Seri Alam Trail alone on a quiet Saturday morning
2. Got hold of 3 pairs of grips (yes, 3 pairs)
3. Joined a night ride in KL with GLC folks
4. I'm starting a new bike-related project (with a new blog)
 
1. The solitary ride
Marsya's birthday falls on Sunday 3rd Oct and Naza's holding a masak-masak makan-makan thingy for her colleagues who wanted to come over our place for Hari Raya's ziarah. Definitely I have to be at home and help with things around the house. So, I planned for a ride on the day before. Being a Saturday, not many riders around my area are going into Seri Alam. I planned with a friend to have a ride in Setia Indah but that didn't materialise. I needed the ride, so I went in alone just to have my fix.
 
Yes, I broke a rule.
 
I didn't get in too far though, just went down into 'jongkang-jongket' - not a teeter-totter, but a 500 m offroad 'stairs'. I went a little bit further to the pylon and I was a bit shocked to see how the palm oil trees are now brought down and cleared off the land. It's to make way for the development of UiTM Seri Alam. Sheesshhh...
 
All in all, I learnt that from my house to the jongkang-jongket and back in a loop is about 10 km. So, whenever I'm up for a quick fix, that'll be it. Perhaps an introductory offroad ride with Naza soon, too.
 
2. Got 3 pairs of grips
I received 2 of them from Element Cycle and another (bought) from Angah Bike Shack. All 3 are different and I'll be writing about them soon. Tried 2 of them already, and have to make time to install the other one on my RTW Machine.
 
What are they? Oh, you'll have to wait.
:)
 
3. Ride with GLC
I was summoned for a 3-day meeting in KL last week, from Tuesday to Thursday.
 
That means:
1. No RTW for that week
2. A possibility to ride with GLC on Wednesday
 
I contacted BC Kelolo for the second item, while I was not really bothered for the first for it would be nicely compensated. He agreed to lend me his shiny Kelolopoint with lighting and helmet. I packed riding apparels in my bag, with a pair of sneakers instead of SPD shoes (too dirty).
 
Wednesday night I went to Kelolo's place in Gombak and just when I turned into Taman Melewar, it started drizzling. Hmm... reminiscent of my previous ride with GLC (wow, that was nearly 2 years ago...). However, as we rolled out at Al-Esfan Bistro, the rain subsided and the 8 of us ventured to the heart of KL.
 
I really enjoyed the ride - the route (as always), the sampling of roti canai spesel at Selangor Mansion, the non-stop music (especially Boney M), and of course the company of riders.
 
I'd like to register my thanks here to the folks at GLC whom I rode with that night. Looking forward to my next one, be it if for another 2 years.
 
4. The new project
Yes, a new project. It'll be a long term one, insyaAllah.
No, it's not about me building a new bike, although that might be one of it.
Will let  y'all know in here when the thing got rolling.
 
Thanks for coming by.
Have a good week ahead.

No comments: