akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Saturday 13 November 2010

RTW 13.11.2010 - Ridge: Haris' Rig

It's a Saturday, and it has been quite a while since I last RTW on a Sat. The main factor: I hate to be baked under the scorching afternoon sun.
 
Today it's different, it's a test ride. I assembled my officemate Haris' Raleigh Ridge. Build from largely second hand parts, except for the saddle, pedals, tire tubes and rear brake cable. My personal thanks go out to Fuad of MAIJ for selling me dirt cheap near complete bike parts. In turn, the low cost is transfered to my client. All in the cause of inducting one new rider in the office, for RTW.
:)
 
The bike is a hardtail 8 speed with v-brake setup. Basically it'll be used on the L Route. From Haris' house, it'll take him max 15 minutes, to the office. That's the main motivation for him to start RTW, and so I'll have a riding buddy soon.
 
The bike is fairly light (that's according to Haris; I didn't weigh it). For me, it is not. Well, he's a newbie, perhaps excited with it. Anyway, light is not what you get for very much less than RM1000.
 
The ride is quite good. Although the BB's bearings are kaput, the pedalling is not uncomfortable at all. However, I'm going back to the bike shop to discuss further on the BB. Shifting is smooth, but there's a minor glitch on the RD setting (if you've been following me, that's my specialty). Brakes are good with ample stopping power. Overall it's a rideable bike, good for the purpose. His only concern is the handlebar could be better if it is wider. So I'll be looking out for one.
 
Stats for today:
no computer installed on the bike
Out from home: 0715 hours
Arrife office: 0746 hours
Door-to-door: 31 minutes
Good doggies: one busy momma
 
Photos? Nanti nanti lahh...
Have a good weekend, y'all.

No comments: