akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 21 January 2011

RTW 21.01.2011 - reflection of last year's RTW

Part of my resolution for this year in terms of cycling is to have at least 2 RTWs per week. Also to repeat at least once, the weeklong I did last year. That happened in January last year, but not this year for sure. Perhaps during school holidays. Looking back at 2010, I did 89 RTWs (regardless whether I went home by car in the evening, leaving the bike at the office). That's about 1.7 days per week in average. Of course, the whole thing would be disrupted if I have to go for a weeklong outstation.
 
Up to the third week now, I have been okay so far alhamdulillah. In fact, the first week I had 3 RTWs to start off the new year. Hopefully, insyaAllah, I could do it consistently come rain and shine.
 
I often regard my RTWs as a way to replace other sports that I would otherwise engage in, namely futsal and badminton. To think about it, it have been years since I last played any badminton. I played two futsal matches last year, participating in the office's tourney. It is not really a fair substitute, cycling to badminton or futsal, but in terms of getting sweaty in general, it's good enough for me.
 
With RTW, I spend about the same time in getting ready for a futsal game, but the only difference is that I do it while going to work. So that's saving some time for a specific sporting session altogether. Okay, I don't get to socialize while RTW, so that's the downside of it.
 
For the record, I hit the 6000 km mark on 7th Jan at the end of a Night Ride. Just nice, in the beginning of the year. Last year I did at least 2750.5 km of cycling (RTW, offroad, night rides, around the housing area, etc.). I don't have a target to be met for this year, but will be monitoring the distance pedaled as always. Anyway, my cycling activity will be very much cut down to make way to other resolutions. So, RTW is my avenue for getting my dose of endorphin.
 
Stats today:
Out from home

0709

 hours
Arrive office

0736

 hours
Door-to-door

27

 mins
Ride time

26' 12"

 
Distance

10.27

 km
Ave. speed

23.3

 km/h
Max speed

37.0

 km/h
Odometer

6151.5

 km
Good doggies

0

 
Mode

tesco + L-Route

 hollowpoint, knobbies
 
 
How was your ride last year?
Thanks for coming over.

No comments: