akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 1 June 2011

RTW 01.06.2011 - Coastal Highway

It has been a few days since my last RTW. Feels strange, actually.
 
It's been quite a while since I last wrote about my RTW adventures. Well, here's a news: I've completed my 5th weeklong mid May. I was thinking of doing the monthlong as it was a good start, but eventually I had to abort due to circumstances. The result: I didn't RTW for 7 days out of 22 working days in May. That's a positive way to look at it.
 
This morning I decided to take a tough route, via Flora Heights. It would be 3 tarmac hill climbs, a short red muddy offroad section and could be the longest route yet.
 
Well, planned and actual are not the same. I was late while prepping the bike, so I went with the Coastal Highway instead.
:P
 
The bridge construction at Sierra Perdana is still ongoing, so I had to divert into Taman Rinting from the Sierra Perdana exit, and cross the river via the small bridge leading to the jetty at Kampung Pasir Gudang Baru. From there, it's the normal L-Route.
 
Distance: 11.89 km
Door to door: 37 minutes
Ride time: 33' 48"
Average speed: 21.2 km/h
Max. speed: 39.8 km/h
Good doggies: 1
*data taken from Sports Tracker (didn't bring along my Mity8)
 
Have a good ride.
Be safe, always.
 
 

No comments: