akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Wednesday 3 June 2009

RTW 03.06.09 - wet road on a school holiday

Went out at 0705 hours. Reached office at 0740 hours.

Stats today (to):

  • Ride time: 34m 40s
  • Dist: 12.60 km
  • Ave: 21.7 km/h
  • Max: 40.1 km/h
  • Odo: 1930.0 km
  • Good doggy: 1

It's school holiday. Love it. Traffic not so busy as usual.

If you've been toying with the idea of RTW, this is a good time to try it out.
I first started RTW on working Saturdays (I work on alternate Sats) due to the light traffic.
Then I tried RTW on a weekday during school holiday, to get the feel of the traffic.
Later on I braved myself for a full-on normal weekday traffic.

It has been more than 6 months now, and loving it.
By Allah's grace, I hope that this will continue on, insyaAllah.

I insisted on RTW this morning, since I had not done any cycling this week. Don't want to be lazy, and I don't like the feeling of re-starting again after a week off.

A dog gave way for me before he crossed the street in Masai. I guess he's the good doggy's husband. Another good doggy award this morning. If they're really a couple, I hope their offsprings are as courteous and polite as them.
Poor doggy, he was honked by the red car behind me for he was too slow crossing the street.

Chill it out, man. He's just a dog trying to be an example to others.

No specific riding mode, just pedaling and enjoying the ride. I even made a stop for a couple of minutes at Taman Bukit Dahlia to take in the awesome view of the morning cloud. Red on the left, and greyish cloud on the right.
I was really stunned looking at the golden streaks lining the reddish cloud.
Subhanallah.

Earlier, at 0630 hours there were sounds of thunder. It didn't deteriorate my plan to RTW. Going out of the house, it was drizzling very lightly. Not a problem. I have plastic bags in my bladder bag.

The weather was very nice, as it wasn't actually raining throughout my journey. Coming into Masai and Pasir Gudang, the roads were already wet from the earlier rain. It is cooling, and with not much sweat on my clothes. Just that my pants were wet from the road's puddles getting up on them.

I'm glad I made the decision to RTW last night, and persistent with it this morning.
Alhamdulillah.

No comments: