akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 8 July 2011

RTW 06.07.2011 - in blue

me, in a coverall
 
Tuesday, at the gate entrance
guard: nak pergi mana?
saya: ofis design
guard menoleh pada chief guard
chief guard: design pun kena pakai (c)overall jugak
guard: esok pakai (c)overall ye
saya: :P
 
Wednesday morning, I wore the blue work trousers and pedaled from home. At about 600m from the gate, I stopped and took out the blue jacket from my bag. The first time I cycled to the office wearing company issued blue jacket and pants together. They're the equivalence of the said coverall, although in some aras in the yard they are not deemed so.
 
Even for a short distance, it was quite hot. My body heat was trapped underneath the jacket, and it wasn't pleasant at all.
 
The dress code for office personnel is not the coverall, unless going out to the worksite. I can't imagine all the people in the office wearing coveralls and safety shoes. But hey, at the entrance, I don't want to waste precious time arguing about this with the security guard.
 
Wednesday evening while I was going out of the gate, I spotted the chief guard and stopped to discuss with him about the dress code thing. Apparently, the issue is that it is deemed not proper for people to go in wearing shorts.
 
Well, I'm wearing 3/4 pants, but same difference to him. He cited that there were a couple of people who copied me cycling in (I could guess who they are). Also there's the question of what if the subcontractors would also get in dressing up like I do while they are supposed to wear red coveralls (no pants and jackets equivalent for them). Well, I have the answers but that would only steer away the conversation to other topic altogether.
 
Eventually we agreed that it would be okay if I'm wearing track bottom while cycling in. As for the jacket, it's a non-issue. I can wear my riding jersey. The coverall? Far from the real issue.
 
Thursday morning I'm wearing track bottom riding to work. The NiteIze Marker Band is an essential item now.

No comments: