akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Saturday 16 July 2011

RTW: 15.07.2011 - Ei8hth Weeklong

I'm happy to share with you that this morning's RTW marks the 8th weeklong for this year. That's more than what's initially planned - 3. Looks like I'm car free for most of the week nowadays, travelling to work.
 
Unfortunately that's all that I can claim to be, "travelling to work by bike". Sometimes my wife would offer to fetch me home by car, usually at night when she's out sending Marsya and Adam to tuition class. And, I'm not a real bike commuter whereby 100% of travelling from point A to B (and wandering off to C, D, E, Z even) done by cycling. At least not yet. What I do is I Ride To Work. Getting home by car is sometimes optional although I kind of like it, night rides.
 
InsyaAllah, this weeklong (and last week too) would continue to make it my first monthlong.
 
Now, what are the challenges of adopting a cycling lifestyle? A lot, in my case. Listing them out and see how to tackle them, insyaAllah, later.
 
Note:
Up to now, the odometer is displaying 8313.6 km. That's the distance I've cycled so far in total (offroad, RTW) from when I first started using a cyclometer a few years ago. Not that far for the span of time, compared to some cyclists I know. There were times when my rides were without the meter, though. Perhaps a good 100km or so.
It would be interesting to have a dedicated meter for RTW and offroad respectively. Well, looking at things nowadays, I'm sure RTW odometer would see far greater kms compared to offroad.
Anyways, the meter display would only show up until 9999.9 km afterwhich it will go back to 0.0
 
Oh, and my wife texted me just now that she's fetching me at 6 this evening.
:P
 
Have a good weekend, y'all.
Ride safe!

No comments: