akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Saturday 2 July 2011

RTW: Malacca CM's Cycle Friday

2km RTW would definitely permit people to ride in style
 
I read the news first at BaikBike.com this morning. Malacca's Chief Minister, Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam is doing Cycle Friday. Well, 2km may not be much, but the message is there. The story was also reported in here (NST), here (The Star) and here (mynewshub.my) too.
 
He mentioned
I would be cycling to work from home every Friday. This would be my role in educating my employees and the people here on the importance of helping to reduce the emission of poisonous gases from our vehicles.

1.5m wide bike lanes? Super. Better yet, stretch it to be more than 4km, like in Penang.
Err... how about bike lanes for JB, Masai and Pasir Gudang?
 
Anyway, way to go, Datuk Seri!
Perhaps we could also ride along this October's Burung Hantu?
 
Jom Basikal!
 
 
photo nicked from mynewshub.my

No comments: