akmal's bike park

akmal's bike park

Friday 15 April 2011

My Route on EveryTrail

yesterday's route - now with speed and elevation graph via EveryTrail
 
Again, thanks to Dino for showing the way, I managed to share yesteday's route with you. This is made possible with EveryTrail. He showed me Jazlan's tracking for the bash #196 at RRI (30.01.2011).
 
Well, Sports Tracker do have the same thing, and for me it fares better than ET. However, your browser needs to have Flash10 installed in order to view the uploaded trails.
 
Speaking of uploading, ST needs you to upload the trail from the phone. That means a data connection is needed (or wifi). With ET, I can just transfer the .gpx (or any other gps files) from my phone's memory card to upload the trail. That's free, at the office (during lunch hour like this, of course). I'm not sure if I can do the same to ST. I can't view the website (at the office), in the first place.
 
Click here for my RTW route yesterday.
 
I'm enjoying this.
:D
 
Track your trails.
And thanks for coming over.
Have a good weekend, y'all.

3 comments:

Koh said...

i am checking out this sports tracker at the moment. dunno how long things like this last on a bb.

akmalhizam said...

Koh,
well, I think using a dedicated GPS unit is the best. Me no bajet for those, so have to bear with the phone GPS lah.

Koh said...

same same. no budget. also heard that in months or maybe a year or two, got affordable and nice bike gps coming out in the market. so bear with phone for now. so far ok. 3+ hrs and can still tahan.